19/07/2010

Miss Luna

I finished a crochet project that isn't granny squares!!

I made the Luna Lovegood Scarf, based on a scarf that the character, Luna Lovegood, wore in the fifth Harry Potter movie. I used a purple acrylic yarn. I'm not a yarn snob and I regularly buy acrylics, but I really didn't like using this yarn... it wasn't squeaky or overly shiney, as with some acrylics, but I didn't feel happy while I was working with it. I'm not sure what the brand is as I received the yarn as a RAK, but I'm pretty put off by acrylics as a whole right now. Maybe time apart will allow me to rekindle my love for it.

Anyway, on to the pictures.


I haven't blocked it yet hence why the picture above looks so scruffy.


I'm not sure if I'll ever wear it... Maybe I'll RAK this off during the winter.

2 comments:

  1. teh scarf is so pretty, well done! The colour is lovely, it looks a pale mauve?
    Some acrylics are a real pain, and others are a joy to work with. Too bad this one came out badly for you.
    Thanks for sharing the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ana Luisa! Thanks, the colour is a light mauve leaning towards lilac.

    ReplyDelete