08/02/2010

Life Without the Internet?

I'm so sorry for disappearing suddenly! My internet connection went down at home, so the little precious time I spent at the library was spent on doing assignments rather than blogging. Since I'm new to the blogging world, I didn't have any sort of plan in case a situation like this occured, but for the future, I'm planning on prewriting a lot of blog posts - I don't want to dissappoint anyone, especially not myself since I don't want to become one of those bloggers who disappear off the radar without any notice. So rest assured, I won't be making any disappearing acts any time soon.

Anyway, enough of my rambling.

I joined the 2010 Crochet Block-A-Month CAL on Ravelry and at first I was really pumped up to get started. I thought that I'd try my hand at making the 6" square, the Ravelry 12" square and the Craftster 12" square every month. Ambitious much?

Yeah, I agree. I only finished the 6" square, which is called Little Dahlia, though the square is around 5" for me (I really need to work on my gauge). I might try the 12" squares when I have time.


In other news, it was my birthday two days ago (yay me!) which means I have birthday money that I can spend on yarn. I think I'm going to trawl through Ravelry to decide on what to buy.

Also, I've recently become addicted to Jenny and Nicole's Stash and Burn podcast! It's a little strange because I'm listening to the podcasts from the newest first, but seriously, listening to these two talk about yarn is like how me and my girlfriends talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment